Effective date: May 23, 2018
1. Information That We Collect About You
· We collect information you directly provide to us. Examples include:
o Your name, email address, and other information included in communications provided to BRANDEIS, such as when you subscribe to receive emails featuring BRANDEIS’s product updates.
o Your name, email address, physical address, and other information submitted in forms included on our Website; and
o Your name, email address, and other information submitted as part of BRANDEIS-sponsored surveys or marketing communications in which you participate.
· We collect analytics information and other information regarding things you do on our Website.
o We may collect and aggregate information about how you and other Users use our Website. For example, this information may include the types of content you view or engage with, the frequency and duration of your activities, Website traffic, and/or usage trends for the Website. Other examples of this information may include the web pages you visit, the add-ons installed on your browser client, and other information that assists us in improving the Website. In some instances, we may combine your analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that the combined analytics information cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
o We collect information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices that you use to access our Website. This information may include characteristics of your devices, such as the operating system, hardware version, geolocation data, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and various device identifiers.
· We do not collect financial information, and we will not ask for your credit card information or similar information.
2. OUR TOOLS for Collecting Your Information
We utilize the following technologies and tools to collect, manage, and analyze your information.
· Cookies and similar technologies:
o Generally, cookies are small files that a website or a service provider stores on your device via your browser client. Cookies enable systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember your information, including your Internet Protocol address, user agent information (browser version, OS type and version), and device-provided identifiers.
o A cookie may be a “persistent” cookie or a “session” cookie. Session cookies will stay on your device until your browsing session ends. Persistent cookies remain on your device until they expire or until you delete them.
o We utilize third-party analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, as described below) that we rely on to collect and analyze your information, and these third-party analytics tools may utilize cookies to store your information on your device and to retrieve your information from your device.
· Log file information:
o Log file information is automatically reported by your browser client each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a webpage or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
o When you use our Website, our servers or third-party servers may automatically record log file information, which may include your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, referring/exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, and how you interact with links on the Website, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Website.
· Device identifiers:
o Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device and may be used to identify your device. A device identifier may be stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by BRANDEIS.
o We may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more device identifiers.
o A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Website and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Website may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
· Google Analytics
o Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc.
o We use Google Analytics to track and examine your usage of our Website. For example, we use Google Analytics to collect your information (which may be stored as a cookie on your device) when you visit our Website. This information is sent to a Google data collection server, which aggregates various data from you and other Users. This information is compiled and sent back to us as various types of analytical information, such as the number of Users that have visited our Website or an average number of times that Users interacted with a portion of our Website.
o For more information about Google’s Analytics Solutions services, please visit
3. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
· customize the advertising and content you see;
· fulfill your requests for products, services, and/or information;
· improve our services;
· contact you;
· conduct research;
· personalize your experience on the Website by allowing us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
· send periodic emails regarding our products and services;
· remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website;
· provide personalized content and information to you and others, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing;
· provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Website;
· develop and test new products and features;
· monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; and
· diagnose or fix technology problems.
4. SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
Parties with whom we may share your information:
· Now or in the future, we may share your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that BRANDEIS is part of, or that become part of that group (“Affiliates”). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Website (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
· We also may share your information—as well as information obtained from third-party analytics tools, cookies, log files, device identifiers, and/or location data—with third-party organizations that help us provide the Website to you. These third-party organizations will be given access to your information only to the extent reasonably necessary to provide the Website under reasonable confidentiality terms.
· We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
In the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
· We may access, preserve, and share your information in response to a legal request (e.g., a court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that we are required to disclose your information under the law. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that disclosure is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with appropriate international standards.
· We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief that such usage of your information is necessary to:
o detect, prevent, and address fraud or suspected fraud and other illegal activities;
o protect ourselves, you, and/or others; and
o prevent death or imminent bodily harm.
· We may access, process, and/or retain your information for an extended period of time when your information is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigation concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
5. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
· Some or all of your information may be stored, processed, and/or analyzed on servers located in the Unites States or in one or more other countries, such as in the European Union. The laws applicable to the protection of personal data in such countries may be different from those applicable in your home country. If you are located in a region having laws governing data collection that differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer your information to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction. Accordingly, by using the Website, you consent to the transfer of your information outside of your home country.
How we protect your information:
· We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Website secure. However, BRANDEIS cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to BRANDEIS or guarantee that information collected from your use or interaction with the Website may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. Further, we are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
6. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
· You may unsubscribe from email communications that you receive from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications.
· You may access your device’s or browser’s settings to choose whether browser cookies are set and/or to delete cookies stored on your device. For more information about these controls, visit your browser or device's help material. Follow the instructions provided by your website or mobile browser to modify your cookie settings. Please note that if you set your browser to disable cookies or other technologies, certain features of our Website may be disabled or may operate less effectively.
· You may contact us at to determine what information we have that is associated with you. You may also contact us to correct, complete, update, or delete information that we have collected related to you if such information may be reasonably associated with you (e.g., information that has not been anonymized or scrubbed of personal identifying information).
· You may opt-out of having your information tracked and examined using Google Analytics by installing a browser plug-in available at
How long we keep your information:
· BRANDEIS, our Affiliates, or our third-party service providers may retain your information for a commercially reasonable amount of time for backup, archival, analytical, and/or auditing purposes.
7. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
BRANDEIS does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13. The Website and its content are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
8. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
9. HOW TO CONTACT US